The DA Series Rate Controls by Enidine are ideally suited for high-energy, heavy load applications requiring rate control in tension, compression or both directions. These non-adjustable, custom-orificed units are designed to specific input conditions, and allow for single and multiple orifice configurations.
Upon compression of the rate control, the compression check ball seats. As the piston head moves, oil is forced through the orifice hole(s) located in the shock tube, producing the required damping force. After the oil has passed through the orifice hole(s), a portion of the oil passes through the extension check valve and fills the rod end of the shock tube. The remainder of the oil volume displaced by the piston rod compresses the foam accumulator.
Upon extension of the rate control, the extension check ball seats. As the piston head moves, oil is forced through the orifice hole(s) located in the shock tube producing the required damping force. The compression check ball is unseated by the flow of oil that fills the blind end of the shock tube.
Enidine’s DA Series models can be custom orificed to provide increasing resisting force over the stroke through the use of multiple orifices in the shock tube. This can be beneficial when controlling the velocity of a lid as it closes, since the torque from the weight of the lid changes as it closes.
- Extensive product line offers flexibility in both size and load capacities to fulfill a wide range of application requirements.
- ISO quality standards result in reliable, long-life operation.
- Custom stroke lengths and damping characteristics can be designed to suit your application requirements.
- Incorporating optional fluids can expand the standard operational temperature range from (–10°C to 80°C) to (–30°C to 100°C).
- Special materials and finishes available to meet specific customer requirements.
- A select variety of surface finishes maintains the original quality appearance and provides the longest corrosion resistance protection.