Rotary Viscous Dampers provide smooth control in applications that require continuous or intermittent positioning, forward, reverse and fixed path motion. The RVD design combines low breakout friction with viscous damping to control bi-directional rotary motion in numerous applications.
Each RVD contains a solid, rotating element called a “rotor”. This rotor is surrounded by a thin film of silicone fluid and sealed inside a stationary housing. The RVD’s rotor provides resistance by shearing the silicone fluid, controlling the desired motion.
- OEM Office Machines – Rollers, lids and platens
- Conveying – Rollers, buckets and diverting arms
- Tilt Damping – Door hinges and access panels
- Roll Feed Control – Smooth web tension control
- Amusement industry – Safety cages and machine guards
- Pneumatic turn table speed control
- Mechanical Control – Levers, knobs, hand cranks, foot pedals along with cams, springs and linkages