Hypercool BioEnergy Water Cooled Aftercoolers
The performance of biogas as a fuel depends on effective dehumidification. Saturated raw biogas contains water and impurities that need to be removed to avoid damage to engine equipment and pipelines and to reduce contamination of engine oil, increasing the efficiency of the whole plant and significantly reducing maintenance costs and plant downtime.
For biogas as a fuel, most of the impurities have to be removed, as they may cause corrosion, deposits and damage to equipment. In particular biogas needs to be dried by cooling it to temperatures close to 5°C using water cooled heat exchangers working with water chillers. Hypercool Bioenergy aftercoolers are a key component of this biogas treatment process.
Hypercool Bioenergy aftercoolers provide safe and reliable operation in the harsh environments typically found in Anaerobic Digester and Landfill biogas production areas thanks to the use of stainless steel components specifically treated to maximize corrosion resistance.
- Shell and tube heat exchanger with smooth pipes
- Material: Parts in contact with biogas in AISI304 or AISI316L, parts not in contact with biogas in AISI304
- Pickling and passivation treatment maximize corrosion resistance production
- Flow rates and performances aligned with CHP power range
- Suitable for horizontal & vertical installations
- Max working pressure: 0.5 bar g
- Highly reliable and continuous operation even in the harshest conditions typically experienced in a biogas plant or a landfill site
- Significant cost savings in investment, management and operation of the system
- High efficiency heat exchange and separation whilst maintaining a very low pressure drop
- Performances and flow rates aligned with CHP and power generation market