Pneumatic Rotary Actuator – B671/F672 Series (Heavy Duty Rack-And-Pinion)
The B671 series pneumatic rotary actuator is designed to provide force in a reciprocating, rotational motion. It is ideal for any application requiring constant torque through a rotational distance: rotating or lifting heavy objects, positioning or bending operations. The F672 Series utilizes the same high quality construction found on the B671 Series with the addition of a coupling arrangement for a hydro-check. An F672/hydro-check assembly will provide controlled feed rates and excellent rotational control with pneumatic power through adjustable hydraulic resistance.
The B671/F672 series pneumatic rotary actuator can be powered by shop air or inert gas. The actuators are pre-lubricated at assembly with NLG1 grade 2 grease with outstanding oxidation stability and corrosion resistant additives. This pre-lubrication is intended for use in pneumatic systems where airline lubrication is not used. However, to assure maximum service life of the cylinder, the air supply should be properly filtered and moisture free. The pneumatic rotary actuator can be controlled by any conventional 4-way valve – hand, foot, mechanically or electrically controlled. All four sizes of rotary actuators are designed for direct on-shaft installation – no flexible couplings, cam and roller or chain and sprocket combinations are required.
The rotary actuator/hydro-check combination consists of the F672 series actuator axially linked to an F172-2 or F172-3 series hydro-check. The hydro-check is a precision built adjustable hydraulic resistance unit designed to provide controlled feed rates. When coupled to an actuator, excellent rotational control is attained. The rotary actuator/hydro-check combination provides consistent torque with adjustable hydraulic resistance for a smooth controlled rotational feed rate. Axial couplings of these units eliminate eccentric loading of component parts. These actuators are available in three torque ranges to comply with varying load requirements. The hydro-check is capable of checking axial loads to 3,000 lbs. and is available with many controlling options.
- Output torques @ 100 psi (6.9 bar): 100 to 2,500 lb-in
- Maximum pressure: 140 psig (9.7 bar)
- Operating temperature range: nitrile seals 0° to 180° F (-18 to 82°C)
- Standard rotations: 90°, 180°, 360°
- Rotational tolerance:
- B6711/F6721: -0°, +5°
- B6712/F6722: -0°, +4°
- B6713/F6723: -0°, +3°
- B6714/F6724: -0°, +2°
- Maximum breakaway pressure: 10 psig (0.7 Bar)
- Mounting orientation: unrestricted
- Standard timing: keyway in 12:00 position at midstroke
- Recommended filtration: 40 micron filtered, dry air
- Pneumatic cushions to minimize noise, vibration shock and assist deceleration control
- Built-in hydro-check option designed to provide controlled feed rates
- Rack and pinion design provides excellent efficiency characteristics