Short Stroke, High-Thrust, Single Acting Air Bellow Actuators – 9109 & SP-Series
The simplicity of construction provides an extremely long, virtually maintenance-free service life even under arduous conditions. 9109 and SP series air bellows are the ideal choice for applications requiring short stroke, high thrust single acting actuators.
They incorporate no reciprocating metal parts and so provide virtually frictionless thrust compared with conventional pneumatic cylinders. Due to their flexible construction the mounting of air bellows is less critical than with conventional pneumatic cylinders, which normally require rigid fixing and guidance and provide only one axis within a limit of 15° between faces. Additionally, the axial location of the end plates may be off set by up to 10 mm. When pressurised air bellows will follow the line of least resistance. Accordingly, care must be taken with the mounting geometry in angled applications. In operation it is recommended that the unit is not allowed to “”bottom out”” or achieve its maximum height and mechanical devices should be employed to prevent this. When depressurised air bellows will fit in to surprisingly small spaces, especially useful for clamping or moving awkwardly shaped or heavy loads and vibration applications i.e. device feeders at high frequency. The return stroke is provided in part by the natural spring action of the bellows but more usually by the load itself. Manufactured from fabric reinforced synthetic rubber in one, two or three convolutions according to stroke and model. Air Bellows are suitable for vibration applications i.e. device feeders at high frequency.
- Frictionless movement.
- No maintenance or lubrication, oil free
- Short stroke for high force application
- Easy to install, no precise alignment
- Easy to work, fix, plug
- High thrust, use as a single acting actuator
- High isolation level, use as an isolator
- Simplicity of construction provides an extremely long, virtually maintenance-free service life even under arduous conditions
General Technical Data:
- International Standards : N/A
- Bore Sizes
- 9109 Series (Static) : Ø70, Ø110, Ø150, Ø200, Ø250, Ø300, Ø370, Ø410, Ø550 and Ø660mm
- SP Series : Ø150, Ø165, Ø170, Ø205, Ø215, Ø250, Ø320, Ø350, Ø390 and Ø420mm
- Stroke Length
- 9109 Series : 20 to 375mm
- SP Series : 55 to 170mm
- Versions : Single acting
- Installation : Direct mounting
Operating and Environmental Data:
- Operating Medium : For best possible service life and trouble-free operation dry, filtered compressed air to ISO 8573-1:2010 quality class 3.4.3 should be used. This specifies a dew point of +3°C for indoor operation (a lower dew point should be selected for minus temperature operation and we recommend the use of an inline dryer) and is in line with the air quality from most standard compressors with a standard filter.
- Operating Pressure : 8.0 Bar maximum
- Operating Temperature
- 9109 Series : Standard Temperature : -25°C to +70°C, High Temperature : – 30°C to + 90°C, Extreme High Temperature : – 20°C to + 115°C
- SP Series : Standard Temperature -40°C to +70°C, High temperature versions available on request
- Corrosion Resistance : Various levels pending series and materials chosen.
Material Specification: 9109 Series
- Bellows: Standard : NR (Natural rubber), NBR (Nitrile butadiene rubber and SBR (Stryrene butadiene rubber), High Temperature : Chlorobutyl, Extreme High Temperature : Epichlor.
- End Plates : Aluminium, steel or stainless steel
- Central Ring : Aluminium, steel or stainless steel
Material Specification: SP Series
- Bellows: Standard : Neoprene rubber bellows reinforced with nylon cord lining, High Temperature : On request
- End Plates : Galvanised steel
- Central Ring : Aluminium